Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Korean Folk Village

Wow, I am slacking on posting new blogs. Let's see when I left off I had tried dog and drank beer and soju. Well later that weekend I went to the Korean Folk Village. Now getting there was a little tricky, the subway line I had to take branched off in 2 spots, and of course once I went past where I needed to, so I had to back track; but I finally got there. The Korean Folk Village is about 45 minutes from Seoul near a city called Suwon and it is designed to be just like traditional Korea. There are tradition houses,


a couple of museums, and a bridge where they shot a scene from the movie The King and I (I never saw it, but that is what the sign said).



But my favorite part was the traditional dances and activities they performed.

There were also lots of crops, native flowers and plants. They also had people who performed some of the daily tasks, which was pretty cool, because you could see how things worked. After a day of being an extreme tourist (even had my video camera in tow), it was time to call it a day. Although I didn't get lost on the way home, it still made for a late night.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

So the horse video looks like the moves that I used to bust out on Socks!